The first time you catch your re-homed parrot dipping her head into her water and sending it flying all over the place is the time you should DEFINITELY give her a spray bath.
As usual, progress feels slow (or non-existent) with Ms. Vi, but as a parront to a rehome who barely was allowed to leave her cage, we have to keep our eyes on the prize!
- Vi is getting stronger every day; she’s able to climb faster and more confidently as she works out her muscles day by day.
- She is confident enough to frequently crawl down to our carpet; she’s an absolute pain while there (she thinks carpets are for chewing), but she trusts us enough to crawl down consistently!
- She will now consistently let others stroke her head and responds pretty well to the attention of others. She still seems to prefer women, but it’s exciting!
- She actually ENJOYED her shower (obviously) for the first time! No more forced baths! …Mostly.
- Still haven’t been bitten–this is kind of a big deal!
- She steps up when she feels like it; we’re still working not to push her.
We will see what July yields (especially since she may regress when we have to board her), but day by day, we grow a little big closer! 🙂