About Our Flock

About the Writer:
sarahandvichristmasHi there! I’m Sarah, otherwise known as “the crazy bird lady”. I’m a former teacher-turned-Happiness-Engineer, which is how this blog was first conceived!

My husband and I started down this path of parrot-ownership (‘parronting’) with a single budgie, and our flock has since grown to five bouncing, screaming, wonderful parrots. I’ve volunteered at our local bird store since early 2013 and hope to share any and all wisdom/parrot nonsense I’ve accumulated during that time.

More information Below: TL;DW – A nerdy birdy video introduction to our five fids. 😀

7 Comments Add yours

1. cassycass says:

Glad to know there are other parrot lovers out there. I thought I was crazy with the amount of parrots I have but now I know I’m not alone! Thanks!!

1. SWoolZ says:

There are SO many of us! You should check out avianavenue.com — it’s a great forum for parrot lovers of all kinds, from people to have a cute little budgie to those who have twenty cockatoos! It’s a great community. 🙂

1. cassycass says:

Thanks! I will definitely check it out!

2. jeffgolenski says:

Glad to have more folks at Automattic who are exotic pet lovers. These birds look amazing. And welcome to Automattic! 😀

1. SWoolZ says:

I somehow JUST saw this comment, Jeff! What kind of exotic pets do you have? 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. jeffgolenski says:

Haha thought you were ignoring me! All kinds! Check out RainforestConcepts.com!

2. SWoolZ says:

No way! I just missed the notification. Holy cow, that’s so cool. 😀 Thanks for the link!

Liked by 1 person